1. What is the best time of the year to visit Mauritius?
Mauritius is a tropical island and the weather is pleasant all year round. During summer (October to April) temperatures range from 28°c to 34°c. During “winter” (May to September) temperatures range from 20°c – 27°c.
2. What is the best part of the island to stay on?
Mauritius has a multitude of beautiful beaches along each coast. The best location depends on what you are looking for during your holiday. The northern part of the island is well known for its beautiful beaches, shopping, night life and water sports. The natural beauty of the west is known for its array of land & water sports.
3. Do I need any vaccinations before going to Mauritius?
Vaccinations are not necessary for visiting Mauritius.
4. What languages are spoken in Mauritius?
The official business language is English.
French and Mauritian Creole are widely spoken. ( our staff speak all 3 languages)
5. What is the currency used in Mauritius?
Mauritius Rupees. Equivalent in
Euro ( approx. 1 Euro = 40 Rupees)
Dollar (approx 1 Dollar = 35 Rupees)
Payments by Visa and MasterCard are widely accepted while Diner’s Club and American Express are accepted in selected establishments.
6. What embassies are present in Mauritius for passport enquiries etc.?
For all enquiries regarding embassies in Mauritius please click in the link at the bottom of this page
7. What time zone is Mauritius in?
Mauritius’ standard* local time is 4 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT +4).
THE CONCEPT OF LOV BEACH RESIDENCE
What is lov.?
LOV (Luxury Ocean Vacation) is an exclusive collection of outstanding Beach Residences within Mauritius. Our security, comfort and accommodation services easily compare to those of any high end hotel within Mauritius, and this allows us to offer holidaymakers on various budgets, the flexibility to experience our extraordinary island with all it has to offer, without having to compromise on the services.
What kind of accommodation, comfort, services can we expect?
- All LOV Serviced Residences on the beach offer 5- Star comfort*
- All our Serviced Residences offer secured entrances, private parking areas and around the clock security staff*
- The daily service of our team & presence of a Resident Concierge ensures the smooth running of the respective Residence. They are also available and willing to advise you regarding places of interest and the surroundings as well as arrange all your excursions, beach events, and anything else on your wish list
- The pinnacle of luxurious comfort. All your needs will be met with elegant furnishing, luxurious bedding, separate bedrooms, private living and dining area, well-equipped gourmet kitchen and bathrooms.
- Daily housekeeping service allows you to get up and go. No dishes to wash or beds to make. That’s our job!
- Need to catch up on work? Each LOV Serviced Residence offers internet WIFI in the comfort of your residence, FREE OF CHARGE. We can also help with a comfortable area should you wish to meet with business partners.
- To help you make the most of your stay and your free time; some LOV Serviced Residences offer FREE guest laundry and the facility of having groceries delivered directly to your Residence.
- 8.24/7 Assistance to our Clients – To enhance your feeling of security while in Mauritius, we offer a 24/7 emergency telephone number – there is always a team member available to help you with an emergency.
- Freshly baked bread & a selection of tropical fruit can be delivered to your door daily, upon request*
- Our affiliated Chef offers a menu of A LA CARTE Indian Ocean Cuisine full of flavour and history for Lunch or Dinner. A MUST HAVE – enjoy a SEAFOOD PLATTER BBQ on the beach! Everything will be set up and organised for an amazing experience… just bring along your
own favourite bottle of wine*
- Experience an authentic and revitalising massage by one of our affiliated Spa Therapists in the comfort of your residence or on the beach; whichever suits you best*
- An affiliated Water Sports Instructor is at the service of our in-house Clients to assist them with water ski, scuba-diving, lagoon & deep sea fishing, night diving, catamaran day trips, speed boat trips and so much more (On request only)*
* Terms & Conditions apply
What meal plans are available?
1. All LOV Serviced Residences are sold on Room Only basis since our self-catering residences all have fully equipped gourmet kitchens. If you do not wish to go out for a meal, stay in and enjoy your favourite meal prepared in your own kitchen, or if you don’t feel like cooking, order an A LA CARTE meal delivered to your door. Meals vary from your usual fare to the colourful and flavoursome local menus – all at LOCAL COST.
2. A LA CARTE meals can be delivered to your table daily for Lunch or Dinner. Menus are also available for various Beach BBQs, special events (birthdays, anniversaries) and so forth.
What is the meaning of ’LOCAL COST’ ?
The suppliers of all our extra services such as meals, beverages, Spa Treatments, Water Sports and so forth are qualified in their respective fields and all have good reputations locally earned over many years. This allows us to offer extra services to our Clients using reputable suppliers, at a cost of 50% less than that of the same services offered in another resort, of the same category as any of our LOV Serviced Residences.
Do our Chefs cater for food allergies/diet specifications?
Should you have any food allergies or diet specifications, we request that you make this known to us upon your arrival, and we will organise a meeting with the Chef to discuss your food requirements and ensure that the appropriate meals are available.
Can I make reservations for my meals before arriving?
Yes, please view our menus and send us an email with your choice.
Is the tap water safe to drink?
Although tap water is safe to drink, we would recommend that you use bottled water since your body may not be used to our water.
Is there a doctor available at the residence?
Although there is not a doctor on the premises, a doctor is available 24/7 upon request for all our LOV Serviced Residence Clients. There is however, a charge for the consultation and medication.
Do you have a shop onsite ?
All LOV Serviced Residences are situated within a 10-minute drive from supermarkets, shopping malls, restaurants, banks, and entertainment areas such as bowling, casino, bars, nights clubs and so forth.
What is your policy regarding tipping?
Tipping is always welcome BUT this is totally is at your own discretion.
What credit cards/forms of payment are accepted at LOV Serviced Residences?
Online payment can be made with Debit, Visa and MasterCard.
Is there WIFI access in all LOV Serviced residences?
Complimentary WIFI access is available in all LOV Serviced Residences.
Can I organise an event or special evening?
If you wish to organise an event or special evening, this may be done prior to your arrival or once you have checked in at the Residence by contacting the Resident Concierge or the reservation department on email@example.com.
What facilities and activities do you have for children?
1. In all LOV Serviced Residences, you can make use of bicycles, snorkeling equipment, lagoon fishing and kayaks for a small rental fee. Note that in some of our Residences, kayaks and bicycles are available at no extra cost.
2. On request we can make a DVD player available in the children’s bedroom along with a selection of movies at no extra charge.
Is there a baby-sitting service?
1. All LOV Serviced Residences offer a baby-sitting service at a supplement.
2. Baby-sitting services must be requested at least 24-hours in advance.
Will I have access to TV channels and a DVD player in my LOV Serviced Residence?
Satellite TV channels in several languages are available in all LOV Serviced Residences as well as DVD players. A selection of DVDs can be made available on request.
Is there a Hairdryer available at the residence?
1/Hairdryers are available on request.
AROUND THE LOV SERVICED RESIDENCE
What excursions are available? How do I organise excursions/ activities outside the LOV Serviced Residence?
You can visit several places of interest, as well as organise full or half day trips to different parts of the island. All you need to do is contact the local representative of your Tour Operator or the LOV Residence Concierge.
How do I organise transfers?
Whatever your transfer needs we will be able to cater for them. All you have to do is send us an
email and we will gladly arrange transfers for you at a supplement.
Taxi, Car & Scooter rental?
Taxis are available on call 24/7 in all LOV Serviced Residences. Clients can also book a rental car or scooter with the Residence Concierge.
We trust that we have managed to answer your questions or queries, if not, please feel free to contact us directly.